Ride-sharing apps such as Uber have seen a surge in popularity in Anderson, SC over the years. The convenience of these apps has made it possible for anyone to get cheap rides to their preferred destination at the touch of a button. However, with the rise in popularity, there has been an increase in accidents, leaving drivers and passengers with injuries ranging from minor to severe.
If you find yourself dealing with injuries from an Uber accident in Anderson, SC, there is hope for a speedy recovery. At Injury Medicine, we can work with you to provide the necessary treatment and support for your injuries. Contact us today at 864-866-PAIN to schedule an appointment at our injury treatment clinic in Anderson, SC.
Table of Contents
What Are the Steps I Should Take Following an Uber, Lyft, or Other Rideshare Accident?
If you have been in an Uber accident in Anderson, SC, your top priority should be to protect your health, safety, and legal rights. Here are some important steps to take after being in an Uber accident:
Contact Emergency Services
No matter how minor the accident may seem, it is essential to call 911 to report the accident. The police will come to the scene and document the accident, which is critical when you file a compensation claim with insurance companies.
Check on Everyone Involved
Even if the accident is low-speed, it can still result in significant soft-tissue damage. Don’t assume everyone is fine, and make sure to check whether anyone has been injured. Call for medical help immediately if you or anyone else has been injured.
Exchange insurance and contact details with the other driver involved in the Uber accident. Make sure to get the name of the insurance company, policy number, and the full name of the covered individual.
Speak to Witnesses
If there were witnesses at the scene, ask for their contact information and a written statement regarding what they saw. This will be useful when pursuing a compensation claim later on.
Record the Scene
Take pictures and videos of the accident scene, including vehicle damage, road conditions, weather conditions, and injuries. This evidence will help establish who is liable for compensation.
Seek Medical Attention
Even if you feel fine, it’s essential to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Internal injuries may not show any symptoms immediately, and if left untreated, they can lead to serious complications. Seeking medical treatment at Injury Medicine in Anderson, SC, will provide a formal record of your injuries, which can help link your pain and injuries to the Uber accident and assist with your compensation claim.
What Are Some of the Common Injuries Sustained in an Uber Accident?
In the event of an Uber accident in Anderson, SC, injuries sustained can range from minor to severe, with some injuries not immediately noticeable due to adrenaline. At Injury Medicine in Anderson, SC, we offer accurate and comprehensive medical evaluations to determine the severity of your Uber accident injuries. Below are common injuries that can occur in an Uber accident:
Soft tissue injuries
Cuts and bruises
In the worst cases, Uber accidents may result in disability or even death. That’s why it is crucial to receive a thorough medical evaluation at Injury Medicine to fully understand your health status. Contact us at 864-866-PAIN to schedule an appointment and determine the extent of your injuries after an Uber accident.
Should I Go to the ER or Injury Medicine Following an Uber or Other Rideshare Accident?
- Injury Medicine can provide medical care for rideshare accident injuries, but the severity of your injuries will determine the appropriate facility. Our medical team will evaluate your condition to determine the extent of your injury and recommend additional treatment if necessary.
- It is crucial not to wait until your injury worsens before seeking medical attention. If you have been involved in an Uber or other rideshare accident, here are some reasons why you should consider visiting Injury Medicine instead of the ER:
- Time-Saving: While the ER can handle medical emergencies, you can expect to spend more time waiting for treatment. At our facility, you can receive prompt medical care, saving you time.
- Cost Savings: Visiting the ER can be expensive, with an average cost ranging from $1,300 to $1,400. Our facility offers affordable medical care for rideshare accident injuries, helping you save on medical costs.
- Quality Care: Our doctors and nurses are dedicated medical providers who offer the highest quality of care to our patients. You can be confident in receiving quality care at our facility.
- However, if you or a loved one is experiencing life-threatening symptoms such as uncontrollable bleeding, sudden severe pain, chest pain, coughing or vomiting blood, or a broken bone that pieces through the skin, you should immediately go to the ER.
Suffering Pain From Uber Accident Injuries in Anderson, SC? We Can Help!
If you have sustained injuries in an Uber accident in Anderson, SC, don’t hesitate to seek medical attention from Injury Medicine. Our expert team of pain management specialists has years of experience in diagnosing and treating the pain caused by auto accidents. Delaying medical attention can increase the risk of permanent damage and prolong the recovery process.