If you or a loved one has experienced an accident, whether it’s a car accident, workplace incident, or a slip and fall, seeking immediate care is crucial. While severe or life-threatening injuries warrant a visit to the ER, many injuries can greatly benefit from chiropractic care in Spartanburg.
What many individuals may not realize is that even seemingly minor accidents can lead to hidden injuries like whiplash, musculoskeletal issues, and soft tissue injuries. Failing to address these promptly can result in chronic pain and long-term complications. This is where our Spartanburg injury center can make a difference.
A Spartanburg chiropractor, specializing in chiropractic services, will perform a comprehensive examination to identify any underlying injuries and design a personalized treatment and recovery plan. At Injury Medicine, our team of seasoned specialists in Spartanburg and the surrounding areas is here to assist you. If you reside in Spartanburg or nearby, please don’t hesitate to reach out by calling 864-866-PAIN.
Understanding Chiropractic Services and Their Role in Injury Recovery
Chiropractic services are tailored to target the root causes of injuries to ensure long-term pain relief and optimal health. Chiropractors utilize various techniques, including manual adjustments, specialized tools, and therapeutic modalities such as heat packs, ice packs, massage, and electrical stimulation.
These approaches are applied to manipulate your spine and other areas of the back, with the primary objective being the correction of misalignments that may be contributing to your pain.
When it comes to your well-being and achieving true health, our chiropractic team in Spartanburg, SC, is dedicated to providing individualized care. We understand that injuries can affect not only your physical health but also your overall quality of life. By addressing these common symptoms with chiropractic treatment techniques, we aim to help you regain your quality of life and heal effectively.
Don’t let pain and discomfort from an accident affect your life in the long run. Contact our Spartanburg chiropractic care center today, and let our experienced team of chiropractors work with you to achieve optimal health and a pain-free, fulfilling life.
What Type of Injuries Can a Chiropractor in Spartanburg SC Treat?
Here at Injury Medicine, we treat a variety of conditions with chiropractic services in Spartanburg. Some of the most common ones include:
Back and Spinal Pain
According to statistics, about 80% of United States citizens have experienced back pain, particularly lower back pain at some point in life. Back and spinal pain is usually a result of spine degeneration. This is because of the wear and tear that occurs in the discs and joints of the spine as you get older.
There’s an array of factors that contribute to neck injuries. It could be whiplash, cervical sprain, or just an especially trying desk job. Chiropractic services help put the musculoskeletal system back into position, stimulate or relax specific muscles and prescribe exercises to prevent a similar injury.
Sciatica is the inflammation of the sciatic nerve that runs from the lower spine down the feet. This inflammation results in pain in the legs and lower back. Sciatica is actually one of the most common causes of nerve pain that chiropractors are able to treat.
Scoliosis is a type of spinal deformity where the spine develops a sideways curvature, which can lead to back pain, respiratory complications, and even premature arthritis when left unattended.
Fortunately, chiropractic care can help address a spinal deformity of more than 10 degrees. The specialist will first assess your posture and medical history and take several x-rays. They will then do spinal adjustments and several exercises to restore ideal curvature.
Some individuals feel pain in the hips when the bursa is swollen or inflamed. With ideal chiropractic care, however, they can enjoy less pain in the lower back, hips, and legs as well as better mobility.
Rotator Cuff Injury
This is a common shoulder injury prevalent in individuals who perform repetitive tasks. Chiropractic care will help you stretch, mobilize and strengthen the region, ultimately allowing you to lead a pain-free life.
A herniated disc is a problem with one of the spinal discs (rubbery cushions) found between the vertebrae. Research shows that chiropractic services are great for this condition, with numerous patients reporting substantial improvements in just a few months.
In regard to headaches that originate from the neck, upper spine, or lower skull region, chiropractic adjustments, particularly spinal manipulation can be quite effective.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a condition that’s usually associated with desk jobs. Too many wrist motions and repetitive finger use can easily compress the median nerve resulting in pain. Just like rotator cuff injury, chiropractic care is recommended for CTS.
Wondering about the various types of chiropractic adjustments available at Injury Medicine in Spartanburg, SC?
We offer a range of chiropractic techniques tailored to address different injuries and their severity:
- Diversified Adjustments: This technique involves a special hand arrangement to apply pressure to the affected spinal segment. Its goal is to promote proper alignment, reduce pain, and improve mobility.
- Thompson Drop Table: Here, a chiropractor uses a specially designed table that drops a short distance to facilitate adjustments.
- Seated Diversified: Similar to diversified adjustments, quick thrusts are used to realign the patient’s back, but the patient is seated rather than lying down.
- The Activator: This technique utilizes a small handheld device called the Activator. It enables the chiropractor to deliver a gentle impulse to the spine or extremities.
- Side Posture: Patients lie on their side with one leg bent while the chiropractor stands next to them to perform adjustments to the pelvis or lower back.
- Knee-Chest: In this method, the patient kneels on a cushion and places their chest on a table. The chiropractor then positions the neck and head for the necessary adjustment.
- Toggle Recoil: The chiropractor gently places their hands on the patient, performs a quick and light thrust, and immediately withdraws their hands from the contact point. This approach is suitable for those seeking a more gentle adjustment.
- Sacral-Occipital Technique (SOT): SOT involves custom-designed blocks with a wedge-like shape to balance the pelvis and spine. The chiropractor uses these blocks to maintain balance while making precise adjustments to restore nerve function.
Living with pain can be physically, mentally, and emotionally draining. Injury Medicine’s experienced chiropractors understand various injury types and the specific chiropractic adjustments needed for effective treatment. Your treatment plan will be tailored to your unique needs.
If you’re seeking chiropractic services in Spartanburg, don’t hesitate to call us at 864-866-PAIN to schedule an appointment. Achieve optimal health and find relief from pain with our dedicated chiropractic team at Injury Medicine.