It is important to take neck pain seriously. If you are experiencing discomfort or pain while moving your neck and the situation hasn’t improved in a couple of days, it is important to get a diagnosis to understand the root cause of the pain. Neglecting a neck injury can result in long-term difficulties such as muscle degeneration, immobility, and headaches.
If you’re looking for effective neck injury treatment in Easley, SC, look no further than Injury Medicine in Easley. Our team of pain management experts has years of experience providing the best possible care to patients suffering from neck pain and related issues. Call us at 864-866-PAIN to schedule an appointment with our neck pain specialists.
What Is Neck Pain?
Neck pain is a common condition that can be caused by various factors, including problems with the nerves, joints, bones, or muscles in the neck. It is often accompanied by headaches and pain in the arms, shoulders, and hands, and can even cause pain in other parts of the body if the spinal cord is affected.
While neck pain can sometimes go away on its own after a few days, persistent symptoms may indicate more serious issues with your neck. It’s essential not to ignore these symptoms and seek medical attention promptly.
At Injury Medicine, we specialize in diagnosing and treating neck pain, whether it’s caused by sleeping in the wrong position, contact sports injuries, slip and fall accidents, or other factors. Contact us today at 864-866-PAIN to schedule an appointment with our experts and get the relief you need.
What Are Some of the Common Symptoms of Neck Injuries?
Neck injuries can cause various symptoms throughout the body, not just in the neck area. Some common symptoms associated with neck pain include:
Headaches: chronic headaches may indicate a neck injury as the muscles and nerves in the neck are connected to those in the head, causing the pain to transfer.
Numbness in fingers: weakness in the arms or fingers and difficulty in gripping could be a sign of a neck injury.
Pain in arm and shoulders: constant pain in the arm and shoulder area may indicate pain radiating along a nerve from the neck to those areas.
Neurological issues: sudden problems with reflexes, sensation, or strength may be caused by nerve root compression in the neck.
Lower neck pain: stabbing or stinging in the lower part of the neck, typically at a single spot, may indicate a neck injury.
Difficulty moving the neck: if moving your neck or turning your head is difficult, it could interfere with daily activities like driving or work.
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms or a combination of them, it may be due to a neck injury. Contact Injury Medicine at 864-866-PAIN to schedule an appointment with our experts for relief from neck pain symptoms.
What Are Some of the Common Causes of Neck Pain?
Neck pain can be caused by various injuries and medical conditions. The most common reasons for neck pain include:
- Muscle strain: Maintaining an incorrect posture for long periods of time while working on a computer or phone, or even lying in bed, can strain the neck muscles and cause pain.
- Compressed nerve: Bone spurs or herniated discs in the neck vertebrae can compress nerves that connect the spinal cord to other parts of the body, resulting in neck pain.
- Injuries: Contact sports and slip-and-fall accidents can cause neck injuries and pain.
- Whiplash: A sudden, forceful movement of the neck in a backward and forward motion can damage tendons, muscles, bones, or nerves, leading to neck pain.
- Aging: Spinal stenosis and osteoarthritis, which are common with aging, can cause neck pain.
- Stress: Mental stress can cause neck muscles to tighten, resulting in a stiff neck and neck pain.
- Poor posture: Habitually maintaining poor posture can lead to neck stiffness, muscle weakness, and neck pain.
- Certain diseases: Tumors or cysts can also cause neck pain.
What Are Some of the Treatments Available at Injury Medicine for Neck Pain?
Injury Medicine offers personalized treatment plans based on the cause of neck pain, patient medical history, and other relevant factors. Our team of experts provides a range of treatments for neck injury in Easley, SC. Here are some of the treatments we offer:
- Medication management: Our doctors may prescribe non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), muscle relaxants, or nerve pain medications to alleviate neck pain.
- Nerve blocks: We offer both surgical and non-surgical nerve blocks to prevent pain signals from reaching the central nervous system.
- Chiropractic adjustments: Our experts use pressure techniques to loosen neck muscles and relieve pain.
- Spinal cord stimulator: This implantable device blocks nerve signals to provide long-term relief for chronic neck pain.
- Radiofrequency ablation: Radio waves are used to cut off painful nerve signals for temporary relief.
- Orthopedic surgery: Our doctors may recommend surgery such as cervical spinal fusion or disc replacement for chronic neck pain.
- Kyphoplasty: A minimally invasive treatment where bone cement is injected into vertebral compression fractures for relief from chronic neck pain.
- Injections: Medial branch blocks, epidural steroid injections, and facet joint injections may be used to relieve pain and inflammation caused by nerve compression.
Call us at 864-866-PAIN to schedule an appointment with our neck pain doctors and explore the best treatment options for your condition.
Schedule Your Neck Injury Treatment in Easley!
If you are suffering from chronic neck pain in Easley, SC, Injury Medicine can provide you with effective treatment options. Our neck pain experts are dedicated to helping you overcome your pain and get back to your normal life. Contact us today at 864-866-PAIN to schedule an appointment with our experienced doctors.