Visiting a chiropractor after an accident, whether it’s a car accident, workplace accident, or slip and fall, can be beneficial for many injuries. While severe or life-threatening injuries require immediate attention at the ER, chiropractic services in Camden can help with a variety of injuries.
At Injury Medicine, our experienced chiropractors conduct thorough examinations to identify any underlying injuries and develop personalized treatment plans for recovery. If you live in Camden or nearby areas, contact us at 864-866-PAIN to schedule an appointment with our specialists.
What Are Camden Chiropractic Services and How Do They Help Injuries?
Chiropractic services target the root cause of injuries to provide long-term pain relief. By using hands-on techniques and tools such as heat and ice packs, massage, and electrical stimulation, a chiropractor can manipulate the spine and other areas of the back to address misalignments that may be causing the pain.
What Type of Injuries Can a Chiropractor Treat?
Injury Medicine in Camden offers chiropractic services to treat various conditions. Some of the frequently treated conditions include:
Back and Spinal Pain
Back pain, especially in the lower region, is a common condition affecting around 80% of people in the United States at some point in their lives. This pain is often linked to degeneration of the spine caused by the natural wear and tear that affects the discs and joints as people age.
Neck injuries can stem from various causes such as whiplash, cervical sprain, or poor posture. Chiropractic services aim to realign the musculoskeletal system, relax or stimulate specific muscles, and prescribe exercises to prevent future injuries.
Sciatica is a painful condition that results from the inflammation of the sciatic nerve. This nerve runs from the lower spine down to the feet, and the inflammation can cause discomfort in the lower back and legs. Fortunately, chiropractors are well-equipped to diagnose and treat sciatica, making it one of the most common conditions they encounter.
Scoliosis is a spinal deformity that causes the spine to curve sideways. This can lead to back pain, respiratory issues, and even arthritis if left untreated.
Chiropractic care can help alleviate pain in the lower back, hips, and legs caused by inflammation or swelling of the bursa. This can result in improved mobility and reduced pain for individuals suffering from these conditions.
Rotator Cuff Injury
Chiropractic care can effectively treat shoulder injuries that often occur in individuals who perform repetitive tasks. By providing targeted stretching, mobilization, and strengthening of the affected area, chiropractic care can help reduce pain and improve mobility, leading to a better quality of life.
Chiropractic services have been shown to be effective in treating herniated discs, which are issues with the rubbery cushions found between the vertebrae in the spine. Patients often report significant improvements in symptoms after just a few months of treatment.
Chiropractic adjustments, especially spinal manipulation, can be highly effective for headaches that originate from the neck, upper spine, or lower skull region.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS)
Repetitive wrist and finger motions associated with desk jobs can lead to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, which causes pain from compression of the median nerve. Chiropractic care is a recommended treatment option for CTS, similar to rotator cuff injury.
What Are Some Different Types of Chiropractic Adjustments at Injury Medicine?
At Injury Medicine in Camden, SC, we offer a range of chiropractic techniques for treating injuries, with the choice of technique based on the type and severity of the injury.
- Diversified Adjustments – Chiropractors utilize a specific hand placement to apply pressure on the affected area of the spine, promoting proper alignment, reducing pain, and improving mobility.
- Thompson Drop Table – This technique involves the use of a special table that is designed to drop a small distance during the adjustment.
- Seated Diversified – The chiropractor administers quick thrusts to adjust the patient’s spine while they are seated rather than lying down.
- The Activator – The Activator technique involves the use of a small handheld device called the Activator. This device enables the chiropractor to apply a gentle impulse to the spine or extremities.
- Side Posture – This technique involves the patient lying on their side with one leg bent, while the chiropractor stands next to them and performs an adjustment to the pelvis or lower back.
- Knee-Chest – The name of this technique, the “gonstead adjustment,” refers to the patient kneeling on a cushion and resting their chest on a table while the chiropractor positions their head and neck to make the appropriate adjustment.
- Toggle Recoil – Toggle recoil is a gentle adjustment technique where the chiropractor places their hands gently on the patient and performs a quick but light thrust. After the thrust, the chiropractor removes their hands from the point of contact. This technique is recommended for those who prefer a more gentle approach to chiropractic adjustments.
- Sacral-Occipital Technique (SOT) – SOT is a chiropractic method that uses specially designed wedged blocks to balance the pelvis and spine. The chiropractor uses the blocks to maintain balance while performing light but accurate adjustments to restore nerve function.
Why Call Camden Chiropractic Services at Injury Medicine?
At Injury Medicine in Camden, SC, our experienced chiropractors have the expertise to treat various types of injuries and are knowledgeable in all chiropractic adjustments. With our personalized treatment plans, we can help you overcome your pain and improve your quality of life. Contact us today at 864-866-PAIN to schedule an appointment.