The number of motorcycle accidents rises every year. The severity of the injuries the victims sustain is often more devastating than in a car accident. Motorcycles are powerful machines that can travel at incredible speeds but provide little protection.
Injury Medicine is a leading medical facility with experienced injury and pain management specialists who provide the best treatment and care for motorcycle accident injuries in Spartanburg. We have treated many motorcycle accident victims with severe injuries.
What Are Some Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
Unlike vehicles that basically are protective shells on wheels, motorbikes do not provide riders with any protection. Hence, the risk of sustaining severe or fatal injuries is significantly high.
Below are some of the motorcycle accident injuries we treat most often.
You will sustain a road rash when your skin rubs against the rough asphalt during the accident. The injury can be more severe if you do not have the recommended protective clothing and gear. We can treat the road rush and minimize the chances of scarring, but the injury can have a traumatic impact.
Broken bones are painful and are best treated immediately to prevent further damage and promote a faster recovery. Such injuries can happen to your legs, arms, and ribs.
Motorcycle accident victims can suffer internal injuries after being hit by an object with brute force. The injuries can result in internal bleeding, organ damage, or other health issues.
Traumatic Brain Injury
Riders who do not wear helmets risk sustaining severe knocks to the head, resulting in a traumatic brain injury requiring surgical intervention and expert care for a full recovery. At Injury Medicine, we have a team of specialists who can offer top-notch treatment and care to victims of brain injuries.
Spinal Cord Injuries:
Riders sustain spinal damage when they hit the asphalt with significant force after being thrown off the motorbike during a collision. A spinal cord injury can result in partial or complete paralysis.
What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
While our primary objective is to ensure you get world-class injury treatment and pain management, we also have concerns about your safety immediately after a motorcycle accident. We are confident that taking the following steps can help you preserve your rights:
Notify the police about the incident. They will arrive at the scene and take your statements and compile a report that you can use when filing your compensation claim.
Check on Other Involved Parties
Show brotherly love by being concerned about the status of others involved in the accident if you are fit enough or have minor injuries. Check on them and provide first aid or any other assistance that can save a life as you wait for the police and EMTs to arrive.
Request the involved parties to share their contact information, and ask potential witnesses for the same. You might need to contact them if you decide to pursue legal action against those responsible.
Record the Scene
Try your best to capture different accident details, recording the scene on your phone. You can take pictures or shoot short videos focusing on crucial elements that help determine fault.
Never Admit Fault
We recommend limiting your conversations with those involved in the motorcycle accident. It helps you avoid issues statements that suggest you admit fault for the accident.
Seek Medical Attention
It is wise to rush to the hospital for a check-up immediately after leaving the scene, even if you feel your injuries are minor. Get a complete diagnosis of your health and ensure potentially fatal injuries are identified and treated before they worsen.
Call a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Your chances of pursuing legal action against those responsible and seeking compensation for the injuries are better if you work with an experienced motorbike accident attorney in Spartanburg, SC.
What Are Some Safety Tips for Avoiding Motorcycle Accidents?
While the number of motorcycle accidents is increasing, such incidents are not that common in Spartanburg, South Carolina, compared to automobile accidents. We recommend taking the following safety tips and measures to avoid motorbike accidents.
- Go for proper rider safety lessons and ensure that you adhere to road rules and regulations governing motorcyclists.
- Always wear the recommended safety gear and protective clothing when riding your motorbike
- Check your blind spots, ensuring it is safe to make a turn to the left or right at an intersection.
- Avoid lane splitting. It is illegal and unsafe.
- Do not ride your bike while under the influence of alcohol or a drug.
- Concentrate on the road when riding. Avoid things that grab your attention because they increase the likelihood of crashing into a stationary or moving object.
How Can Injury Medicine Treat My Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
Here are some of our treatment options for motorcycle accident injuries in Spartanburg.
- Pain Management – We ease the anguish you are suffering because of your injuries by dealing with the underlying sources and facilitating quick recovery.
- Injections – We incorporate injections into the treatment plan to aid in alleviating pain.
- Medication Management – We use different types of medications to help with your pain.
- Nerve Blocks – Nerve blocks help target specific nerves and prevent them from sending pain signals to your brain.
- Preventing Long-Term Damage – This is the primary goal when you come to use for treatment, ensuring we limit the possibility of scarring or disability attributed to the motorcycle accident.
- Neurology – Our team includes neurologists who can evaluate and treat injuries to the brain and spinal cord.
- Orthopedic Surgery – Surgery may be necessary for severe bone, joint, and ligament injuries.
Come to Injury Medicine for World-Class Treatment!
At Injury Medicine, we have seen people come to us with severe injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident. We have treated spinal injuries, fractures, head injuries, road rash, brain injuries, and internal injuries.
Injury Medicine is a leading medical facility with experienced injury and pain management specialists. We offer the best treatment and care for motorcycle accident injuries. Call us today at 864-866-PAIN to schedule an appointment.