Shoulder pain resulting from auto accidents can have a significant impact on your daily life. Even the simplest tasks may become difficult to manage. Delaying treatment for shoulder pain may result in chronic issues that persist over time. Seeking timely and effective shoulder injury treatment is essential for a complete and speedy recovery. At Injury Medicine, our doctors in Easley, SC can provide the necessary treatment and rehabilitation to alleviate your pain and address your injury. Don’t let shoulder pain control your life – book an appointment with us today by calling 864-866-PAIN.
Table of Contents
What Should I Do if I Am Having Shoulder Pain After an Auto Accident?
If you are experiencing shoulder pain after an auto accident, take the following steps:
- Seek immediate medical attention: Even if your pain seems minor, prompt medical evaluation is crucial. Delaying care may worsen your pain and jeopardize your personal injury claim.
- Receive proper diagnosis and treatment: If your medical exam reveals an injury causing your shoulder pain, appropriate diagnostic testing, such as a CT scan, will be ordered to determine the best course of treatment.
- Keep documentation: Early medical documentation, such as from an emergency room or your family doctor, is essential for insurance claims and personal injury cases.
- Don’t tough it out: Ignoring your pain can lead to worsening symptoms, so seek medical help as soon as possible.
- Speak with a lawyer: Experienced car accident and personal injury lawyers can assist in understanding the claims process and fighting for fair compensation. Take advantage of a free initial consultation.
- Contact your auto insurance provider: It’s important to speak with your insurance provider soon after the accident to push your claim forward and ensure proper compensation.
- Don’t sign anything without consulting a lawyer: Waivers, releases, and settlements presented by insurance companies should not be signed without the advice of a lawyer who is looking out for your best interests.
What Are the Common Causes of Shoulder Pain?
Car accidents can result in a range of injuries, from minor to severe. If you experience shoulder pain after an auto accident, it’s important to seek medical attention immediately to prevent symptoms from worsening. Some common shoulder injuries resulting from car accidents include SLAP tear (torn labrum), dislocations, rotator cuff tear, scapula fracture, proximal humerus fracture, clavicle fracture, impingement, joint tear, bursitis, and sprains and strains. At Injury Medicine in Easley, SC, we provide comprehensive care to ensure you receive the best treatment for your shoulder pain and injuries. If you’re suffering from shoulder pain after an auto accident, call us today at 864-866-PAINto schedule an appointment.
What Are the Common Symptoms of Shoulder Injuries?
Shoulder injury symptoms can range from minor discomfort to major pain and loss of function. If you’re experiencing shoulder pain after an auto accident, watch out for the following symptoms and report them to your doctor:
- Pain when lifting and/or pulling objects
- Pain when lowering or lifting your arm, especially when reaching behind the back or overhead
- Tingling or numbness
- Locking, catching, popping, and grinding sensations
- Limited range of motion
- Loss of range of motion
- Inability to perform your normal daily activities
If you exhibit any of these signs or symptoms of a shoulder injury resulting from a car accident, seek care from our experienced doctors at Injury Medicine in Easley, SC. We’ll provide treatment to address your injury and provide relief from pain.
What Are Some Common Treatments for Shoulder Pain?
- After an auto accident, when you meet with our shoulder pain treatment specialists, we’ll conduct a thorough examination to establish a clear diagnosis. Based on the diagnosis, we offer a range of treatment options, including:
- Steroid injections to reduce inflammation
- Immobilization with a sling
- Elevation, compression, and icing
- Surgery, such as anterior acromioplasty or subacromial decompression
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication
- Our goal is to provide the best possible treatment to relieve your pain and restore your shoulder’s function.
Need Shoulder Injury Treatment in Easley, SC? We Can Help!
Don’t wait for your shoulder pain from a car accident to worsen before seeking medical attention in Easley, SC. Consult with a specialist at Injury Medicine who can diagnose and treat your injury. Schedule an appointment today by calling us at 864-866-PAIN.