Although you may have taken all the necessary precautions to ride safely, other road users might not, and you may be involved in an accident. Motorcyclists are at a higher risk of catastrophic injuries due to accidents caused by other drivers.
Unfortunately, even minor accidents can result in pain and injury. If you or your loved one has been recently involved in a motorcycle accident, you don’t have to suffer through all the pain. You deserve fast relief.
At Injury Medicine, our expert team of healthcare providers has been providing the best treatment for motorcycle accident injuries in Lexington, SC for many years.
If you have been in a motorcycle accident in Lexington, SC, contact Injury Medicine’s Lexington clinic for a free post-accident care consultation. Our Lexington motorcycle accident lawyers are here to help you navigate the legal process and fight for your rights.
Common Injuries Resulting from Motorcycle Accidents
Regardless of safety equipment, motorcycle accidents can result in all kinds of injuries – from minor to severe. Here are some of the most common types of motorcycle accident injuries:
Road rash happens when the rider slides across the pavement after being thrust from his motorcycle. Road rash is much more severe than a simple bruise or scrape. Multiple layers of the skin can be peeled away, exposing the underlying muscles due to the force with which you scrape the pavement.
When a motorcycle collides with another vehicle, it is not uncommon for the motorcyclist to be knocked off of the motorcycle. When the rider hits the ground at a certain angle, the force can easily cause a fracture or breaking of a bone located in that limb or area of the body.
The victim can easily suffer internal organ damage as a result of a motorcycle accident. Internal bleeding can be fatal when not diagnosed early and treated. In fact, bleeding on the inside isn’t visible, making it quite dangerous.
Head injuries are a leading cause of fatalities in motorcycle accidents. This type of damage can be caused even without the head hitting anything. For example, concussions, swelling, and internal hemorrhaging can occur due to a whiplash-type back-and-forth motion of the skull.
Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
TBIs occur when the brain sustains trauma due to the impact of the accident. These injuries happen when the head hits some object with a great deal of force. Traumatic brain injuries are some of the most serious injuries in a motorcycle accident.
They mostly happen when the motorcyclist involved in the accident doesn’t wear a helmet.
Spinal Cord Injuries
The spinal cord is a very sensitive part of the human body. The results can be devastating when the spinal cord is injured in a motorcycle accident. The victim may find it difficult to move, talk, or feel sensations depending on the area of the injury.
Steps to Take After a Motorcycle Accident in Lexington, SC
When you or your loved one is involved in a motorcycle accident in Lexington, SC, you should do the following:
Report the accident to the local police to comply with the law. A copy of the police report is required when filing a personal injury case to claim compensation for your injuries from the at-fault party.
Check on Other Involved Parties
Check on the other involved parties to ensure no one is seriously injured. Don’t leave the accident scene since it can complicate the matter, and you may face criminal charges as a result.
Exchange contact information with other drivers involved in the accident. Collect their name, phone number, address, driver’s license number, insurance information, and the license plate number of the vehicle.
Record the Scene
Record the accident scene with your smartphone. Take photos or video footage of the accident scene and all the damage to your vehicle.
Never Admit Fault
Don’t admit fault until you speak with a Lexington motorcycle accident lawyer.
Seek Medical Attention
Seek medical attention as soon as you are able to do so. Even the slightest injuries can become serious in no time. Shock and adrenaline can dull some of the pain you feel. Medical records are valuable proof when trying to prove your case.
Call a Lexington Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Speak to a Lexington motorcycle accident lawyer soon after the accident. Your motorcycle accident lawyer will advise you on your legal rights and help determine whether you have a valid claim.
Safety Tips to Avoid Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Lexington, SC
The following safety tips can help you avoid motorcycle accident injuries in Lexington, SC.
- Be Seen 0- Add reflective elements to your bike and clothing and wear bright colors. Use the headlight both day and night.
- Gear Up – Wear long pants and sleeves made of leather or thick material. Wear gloves, goggles, and boots that cover the ankles.
- Wear a Full-Face DOT – Approved Helmet at All Times – Wear a full-face DOT or Department of Transportation-approved light-colored helmet for protection and maximum visibility.
- Be Alert – Watch the potholes, patches of sand, railroad tracks, and other road hazards, and be alert when riding.
- Don’t Speed or Drink and Ride – 40% of fatal motorcycle accidents are due to alcohol and drug consumption while riding. Stay sober and observe the speed limits to be safe at all times.
- Avoid Bad Weather – Avoid bad weather conditions to stay safe while riding the motorcycle.
How Can Injury Medicine in Lexington, SC Help to Treat My Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
We offer a wide variety of highly effective treatments to motorcycle accident victims. Here are some of the most effective treatment methods we use:
- Pain management – Pain medications help reduce the pain you experience as a result of the accident.
- Injections – We use injections to administer medications directly to the source of your pain.
- Medication Management – We work collaboratively with other healthcare providers, including your primary physician in our medication management approach to your injuries. You will be getting different types of medications to help with your pain.
- Nerve Blocks – Our nerve blocks technique helps target specific nerves and prevent them from sending pain signals to your brain.
- Increasing Mobility – Our overall medical approach helps increase mobility through chiropractic care, and more.
- Preventing Long-Term Damage – Preventing long-term damage is important when treating motorcycle accident victims.
Get Fast Relief for Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Lexington, SC
When you or a loved one is involved in a motorcycle accident, you don’t have to suffer through all the pain. Injury Medicine is here to help you get fast relief. Call us now at 864-866-PAIN to schedule your free post-accident care consultation at our Lexington, SC injury treatment clinic.
Our Lexington motorcycle accident lawyers and healthcare providers are ready to assist you in your recovery journey.