We understand that pain can greatly affect your life, both physically and mentally. That’s why our goal at Injury Medicine is to help you manage or alleviate your pain and suffering, and restore your quality of life and independence. If you’re in need of pain management services in Camden, you’ve come to the right place.
At Injury Medicine, we are dedicated to providing effective pain management solutions through the use of modern and advanced therapies. Our clinic specializes in diagnosing and treating pain, with a focus on in-depth evaluations, multidisciplinary approaches, and highly integrated physician teams.
Call our Camden pain clinic today at 864-866-PAIN to make an appointment with a specialist.
What Is Pain Management?
There are numerous diseases, injuries, disorders, or conditions that can cause pain as a symptom. Additionally, pain can result from treatments and procedures for these ailments. Pain can be classified into two main types:
- Acute Pain – Acute pain is a type of pain that typically lasts for a short period and subsides as the underlying injury or condition heals.
- Chronic Pain – This type of pain is known as chronic pain, and it can significantly impact a person’s quality of life. It may be caused by an underlying medical condition or injury, and can lead to physical, emotional, and social challenges.
Pain management is a medical specialty that aims to help patients control pain through various methods, including medication, exercises, procedures, and therapy. Depending on the type and cause of the pain, a combination of approaches may be recommended by your physician. Pain management can be provided in a clinic, hospital, or provider’s office.
While it may not be possible to completely alleviate all types of pain, a personalized pain management plan can help reduce discomfort and improve quality of life.
What Is the Goal of a Camden Pain Management Clinic or Doctor?
Pain management doctors are specialized physicians who focus on diagnosing, evaluating, and treating pain. They undergo advanced training, making them the ideal choice for individuals experiencing any form of pain due to illness or injury.
Most pain management clinics concentrate on assisting patients with chronic pain that may be challenging to diagnose and may require extended periods of treatment using various therapies. The initial step is to diagnose the specific cause of pain and identify the underlying factors contributing to it.
After the pain has been diagnosed, pain management doctors will determine the best treatment or therapy based on their findings. These doctors stay up to date with the latest research and specialized training to provide the best possible treatments.
Pain management doctors typically use a range of nonsurgical, interventional treatments, as well as complementary therapies, to avoid surgery and reduce medication use. These may include massage, acupuncture, exercise, yoga, meditation, chiropractic care, weight loss programs, or dietary changes.
Throughout your treatment, your Camden pain management doctor will coordinate with other healthcare professionals to ensure comprehensive care. Your pain management doctor is your advocate, committed to helping alleviate your pain.
What Are Some of the Different Types of Treatments Available at Injury Medicine?
Sure, here are some of the Camden pain management methods offered by Injury Medicine:
- Medication management – Including over-the-counter pain relievers, prescription pain medications, and muscle relaxants.
- Kyphoplasty – Kyphoplasty is a procedure that is minimally invasive and used to treat spinal compression fractures.
- Nerve blocks – A nerve block refers to the injection of a local anesthetic into a specific nerve or nerve group to relieve pain.
- Radiofrequency Ablation (Cervical Spine/Lumbar Spine) – Radiofrequency ablation is a medical procedure that uses radio waves to generate an electric current, which is then applied to the nerves to disrupt their ability to send pain signals to the brain. This minimally invasive treatment can provide long-lasting relief for chronic pain conditions.
- Injections – We use injections for nerve blocks, trigger point injections, and administering pain medicine.
- Spinal cord stimulator – A spinal cord stimulator is a medical device that is implanted beneath the skin and used to interrupt pain signals between the spinal cord and brain.
- Chiropractic adjustments – Our chiropractors use spinal manipulation and other techniques to reduce pain and improve spinal function.
- Orthopedic surgery – If a patient experiences severe injuries to their muscles, bones, or ligaments, we may recommend orthopedic surgery as a treatment option.
What Should You Look for in a Camden Pain Management Clinic or Doctor and What Should You Avoid?
Consider the following criteria when selecting a pain management clinic in Camden, SC.
Pain Management Certification
Managing pain can be a complicated process that involves ongoing research and advancements in the field. Pain management specialists have a comprehensive understanding of pain physiology, diagnostic tests, medications, treatment approaches, and pain relief procedures such as nerve blocks and spinal injections.
To become a certified pain specialist, doctors must complete a fellowship program that goes beyond the standard residency requirement. Certifications are granted by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, the American Board of Anesthesiology, and the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Before scheduling an appointment, it is essential to confirm that your doctor is certified by one of these organizations.
Experience With Your Type of Pain
It’s important to find a pain management clinic that has specialists experienced in treating your specific type of pain. Different types of pain, such as cancer pain, rheumatoid arthritis pain, and migraines, require different treatment approaches. Checking the clinic’s years of experience and the methods they recommend can also help in making an informed decision about which clinic to choose.
Range of Treatment Options
Each person’s pain experience is unique, and there is no single treatment that works for everyone. For example, one person may respond well to a steroid injection, while another may require more advanced procedures like spinal cord stimulation.
While opioids can be effective for pain management, they also come with a risk of addiction. If a pain management clinic only relies on opioid medications, it may be a good idea to consider other options.
Comfort Working With Your Doctor
To ensure the effectiveness of your treatment, it’s crucial to have good communication and understanding between you and your pain management doctor. It’s important to find a doctor who respects you and has a deep understanding of your pain and can provide appropriate solutions to alleviate it.
Variety of Specialists
It is important to choose a pain management clinic that has a comprehensive team of specialists to address your specific needs. This may include chiropractors, acupuncturists, and mental health professionals to address any anxiety or depression caused by your pain.
The clinic should also have the ability to refer you to outside professionals in complementary fields if necessary. Having a variety of specialists available in-house can simplify the process and improve communication among the different providers involved in your care.
Call Us Today for Pain Management in Camden, SC!
At Injury Medicine, we provide a full spectrum of pain management services to help individuals with acute or chronic pain. Our team of pain specialists, with diverse expertise, offers some of the most advanced treatment options available in a compassionate and supportive environment.
If you’re in search of a pain management doctor, our team at Injury Medicine is available to speak with you and provide answers to any inquiries you may have. Contact us today at 864-866-PAIN to schedule an appointment and begin your journey towards regaining your quality of life.